If you are looking for a good dive watch, you might want to consider the Best Casio Watches For Men. As a diver, it is important for you to have a watch that will work for you when you are in the water and below are some of the things that you would want to look at in a watch.
Good dive watches, in many cases, can be used for other purposes other than their intended purpose. It is not uncommon to find the CEO of a company walking around with a designer dive watch and yet they know nothing about diving. As the name states, dive watches are used for scuba or deep-sea diving.
If you are looking to purchase citizen watches, then please visit here.
Best Casio Watches For Men:
As it is, dive watches are probably the sturdiest watches that there are on the market. They are water-resistant and can also take quite a beating before you have to get a new one. The Casio G-Shock Frogman Digital Dial Black Resin Solar Quartz Men’s Watch GWF1000-1is one such watch. Take a look at some of the features that you should look at when choosing a good dive watch in relation to the Casio Frogman, below:
It is very important for you to get a watch that can go as deep as you love diving. This Casio Frogman watch can go up to 200 meters underwater, which is adequate for the regular divers. There are other brands of watches that can go even deeper but this one will work perfectly for the regular diver.
Remember, if you’re after splashing around in the pool, snorkeling or playing on water slides, a dive watch with a depth limit of 100 meters will work for you. However, if you are into actual deep-sea diving, you would want to go for one that is at least 300 meters. When buying a watch, check out the reviews of other user experiences and it is also best to go for watches with depth limits that are greater than what you swim.
When you are near the surface of the water, there is plenty of light and it is easy for you to read your watch. However, the deeper that you go under the water, the darker it gets and the harder it gets to see the display of your watch. You would, therefore, want to get a watch that has lighting or one that has luminous hands that can reflect light.
One other tip for the display of a watch is to go for a watch that is simple without too many complications on the dial. You don’t want to go crazy with panic when you’re under the water and you’re not sure if you read the right display. The Casio Frogman Digital dive watch comes with a digital display that is well lit by a background light when it is dark under the water.
It is very important to get a dive watch with case material that is water resistant, does not corrode or rust and is easy to wear over the dive material. The bottom of the casing should be sealed or screwed in and not the pop out casings. This is because the pop out casings tend to leak faster and cannot sustain too much pressure.
There should be no cracks or openings on the case. The watch could have high ratings, but remember that every now and then you also run into a bad egg. Check the casing of the watch thoroughly before you purchase it or return it if you purchased it online and it comes with cracks or openings.
Remember, your life will depend on the watch when you’re under water, and that is something that you should never compromise. The most common materials that are used are stainless steel, titanium, silicone and rubber.
In the case of this Casio Frogman Digital, the bands are made of rubber while the display has hardened mineral glass that can resist water up to 200 meters deep. Other types of watches have sapphire as their watch crystal material, which is more scratch resistant than the hardened mineral glass. The case of the Casio Frogman is made of stainless steel that is just fine for water.
This is one of the most outstanding features of a dive watch. The best dive bezels rotate counter-clockwise, making it easy for the diver to set and see how long they have been under the water.
This is handy because it can let the diver know when their air is about to run out amongst other things. The Casio Frogman is digital and easy to set your timing to show you how long you have been under the water. It comes with an ISO 200M WR Dive Timer.
Know the Watch
Once you have purchased the watch, it is very important for you to get to know it. Practice using the watch. The good thing with the Casio Frogman is that it is very easy to use digital watches that you’ll quickly adapt to.
Features of the Casio G-Shock Frogman Digital Dial Black Resin Solar Quartz Men’s Watch GWF1000-1
- Tough Solar Power
- Multi-Band 6 Atomic Timekeeping
- Tide & Moon Data
- ISO 200M WR Dive Timer
- Stainless Steel Case & Bezel
- Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China) Receives time calibration radio signals which keep the displayed time accurate Auto receive function up to 6 times per day (up to 5 times per day for China) Manual receive function Signal: US WWVB, UK MSF, Germany DCF77, Japan JJY40/JJY60, China BPC Frequency: US 60kHz, UK 60kHz, Germany 77.5kHz, Japan 40/60kHz, China BPC 68.5kHz
- Tough Solar Power
- Shock Resistant
- ISO 200M Water Resistant
- Full Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow
- World Time 31 times zones (48 cities + UTC), city code display, daylight saving on/off
- Moon Data (moon age of the specific data, moon phase graph)
- Tide Graph (tide level for specific date and time)
- Dive time and surface interval measurement function Dive time: 1 second increments, up to 23:59’59 Surface interval: 1 minute increments, up to 47:59’59 Memory capacity:
- One set of data (dive time, dive start time and surface interval)
1/100 second stopwatch Measuring capacity: 23:59’59.99″ Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer Measuring unit: 1 second Input range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 4 Daily alarms and 1 Snooze Alarm
- Hourly time signal
- Battery power indicator
- Power saving function
- Button Operation Tone on/off
- Full auto-calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
12/24 hour formats
- Accuracy: +/- 15 seconds per month
- Storage battery: Solar rechargeable battery
- Approx. battery life: 8 months on full charge (without further exposure to light)
- Module: 3184